These days, Americans may be interested in changing up their diet. Obesity rates are at an all-time high and with obesity, comes a higher risk of illness, disease and premature death. It’s time to take control of your life and your body! Besides being active, it is important that you eat the right foods (think fruits, veggies, and grains as opposed to frozen meals and fast food). We’ve come up with what we think are the 10 best healthy foods that are also easy to add to your diet.
10 Best Healthy Foods
Here are 10 health foods to incorporate into your daily diet:
- Nuts. Full of fiber, healthy fat and omega-3 fatty acids; perfect for a quick snack on the go!
- Berries. Full of antioxidants, all types of berries can help reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer. Opt for blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and even blackberries.
- Salmon. Known for being rich in omega-3 fatty acids, salmon can help reduce blood pressure and keep blood clotting at bay.
- Kale. This dark, green leaf is packed with nutrients like calcium, vitamin C, iron, etc.
- Quinoa. This grain is a great substitute for starchy pasta. It is full of protein, iron, calcium, potassium and several B vitamins.
- Beans. Lentils and beans are filling due to their high fiber content. This is also a great way to get calcium into your diet.
- Tomatoes. Lycopene in tomatoes is said to help strengthen your immune system, neutralize free radicals in the body and lower the risk of blood clotting.
- Avocado. Packed with monounsaturated fat (good fat) avocados can help lower your cholesterol and trim your tummy. Add an avocado to your salad or sandwich for a health kick!
- Oatmeal. A bowl of oats is full of omega-3 fatty acids, folate, potassium, and fiber. It can help lower your cholesterol!
- Olive oil. This healthy fat may aid in reducing your risk of developing heart disease.
Add these foods to your diet today to reap the health benefits (and enjoy their deliciousness!)
Good Health Means Lower Insurance Rates
Taking care of your health and well-being should be a priority in your life. Eating right, including these 10 best healthy foods, will help you feel better and enjoy life more. You may also benefit from lower life and health insurance rates. If you are interested in speaking with our agency about health insurance and life insurance, contact us today. Until then, happy munching!