Nevada is the 9th most expensive state for auto insurance. We file bodily injury claims in nearly 70% of car accidents, versus the national average of 24.5%. Driving the streets of Las Vegas, Henderson, and North Las Vegas be a nerve-wracking experience! Implementing these 5 tips to prevent auto accidents can help you be a safer driver, avoid lawsuits, and help keep your Nevada car insurance rates lower.
5 Tips To Prevent Auto Accidents
- Watch Your Speed: It’s easy to drive too fast, especially when you are in a hurry. Remind yourself to slow down and keep it safe.
- Mirror, Mirror: Properly adjust all mirrors before starting your trip. It is also important to check the side and rearview mirrors frequently while en route. This will allow you to constantly observe your surroundings.
- Avoid Road Rage: Leave aggressive drivers to the police. Call 911 and report unsafe drivers. You could be doing them and everyone else on the road a favor in the long run.
- Drinking = No Driving: If you’ve been drinking, have someone else drive, no matter how you feel. Alcohol is a factor in 36% of all car accidents in Nevada, 10% higher than the national average.
- Eyes on the Road: Minimize distractions when driving. Avoid eating, using your phone or doing anything else that takes your concentration off the road, even if it’s just for a few seconds.
Be a safe driver. Take the National Drivers Test!
Share and compare your scores with your family and friends and figure out who the smartest and safest drivers are. Visit National General Insurance to see how well you know the rules of the road. And, don’t forget to check out the National Drivers Test Facebook App where you can “challenge a friend” to take the test!