Are you looking to save money at home this year? While it may seem impossible to save these days, we are here to tell you that even the smallest changes will add up; from saving energy at home to making minor changes when it comes to your Las Vegas homeowners insurance policy. Here are 5 ways to lower your home insurance premium:
- Raise your deductible. If you can afford a higher home insurance deductible you might find the annual savings to be substantial. The price difference between a $500 deductible and a $1,000 could be up to 20% per year.
- Pay your premium in full. Have you noticed the installment fees on your monthly bill? Avoid these extra costs by paying your bill in full for the entire year.
- Bundle your policies. Chances are you need auto and life insurance, too. Bundling these three policies might yield some impressive savings – up to $20% per policy!
- Improve home security. Insurance companies offer discounts for alarm systems, especially if they are monitored by a security company. Even simple things like deadbolt locks and smoke detectors can earn you a discount.
- Ask about discounts. You will never know what sort of discount you may be eligible for if you do not ask. Many insurance companies giving pricing breaks for certain occupations (i.e. teachers, civil servants, military). Do you live in a gated community? If so, a discount may apply. Does your home have residential fire sprinklers? There’s another discount.
Get a Home Insurance Quote
Lastly, the best way to save on your home insurance is to shop around! Contact the professional agents at Safeguard Insurance today for free quotes and expert advice on all types of personal insurance.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to start saving! While it may seem like only a few bucks here and there, every little bit helps!