Auto insurance is quickly becoming a commodity insurance product. This means consumers frequently see vendor A and vendor B essentially selling the same product, with the price being the only difference. Sadly, the truth is that insurance of all types, whether business, home, life or health, is meant to be personalized to individual buyer and not a “one size fits all” purchase. When it comes to auto insurance, vendor A and vendor B are not the same. When obtaining auto insurance comparison quotes it is important that you make certain the various quotes you obtain represent the same coverage limits, deductibles, and endorsements. Otherwise, you might find what appears to be a great deal, only to discover later that the insurance company or agent has cut a few corners to get you that great deal.
When shopping for Las Vegas auto insurance, here are some tips to make sure you find the best value:
- Know and understand your policy coverage. When calling for quotes or shopping online, make sure you request the same limits you currently have, including deductibles and other policy options such as rental car & towing or roadside assistance. However, also be opened minded about recommendations an experienced agent might make regarding your policy limits. If you carry very low liability limits, a good agent will offer you a quote with higher limits as an option.
- Compare rates from several providers. Consider calling several captive agents and at least one Independent Agent. This will give you a good idea of the rates available from a large selection of the auto insurers in your area.
- Ask about discounts. There are a dizzying array of potential discounts available for occupation, group association, vehicle safety features, driving record history, lifestyle, multiple policies, etc. Don’t be afraid to ask what discounts are available in your state – go over the list and double check which might apply to you.
- Look at all the billing options. Auto insurance providers sometimes give a credit to customers that are willing to use electronic billing versus a traditional paper monthly bill. At the very least, the installment charge should be waived or dramatically reduced. Paying the policy in-full also typically qualifies you for a 5 to 15% discount.
- Ask about special policy features. Does the auto insurance company you are considering have accident forgiveness, diminishing deductibles, OEM only parts options? How about a waiver of glass deductible? Do they include roadside assistance? There are many “extras” that might make a slightly more expensive policy a better value.
Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
At Safeguard Insurance, we have the experience and insurance providers to find you the coverage you need at the best possible price. We don’t cut corners but will show you all the options and discounts available. Contact us today to see how much we can save you on Nevada auto insurance. Or get instant auto insurance comparison quotes on our website in less than 10 minutes.
Safeguard Insurance is located in Las Vegas, NV. We are licensed to quote auto insurance in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California, Idaho, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, and Texas.