The weather continues to heat up in Nevada; spring
has sprung and summer will be here before we know it! Will you be
breaking out the boat and jet skis? Before hitting the water, it is
important to make sure you go over safety procedures, have your
watercraft checked for physical issues and make sure you have enough
liability insurance in Nevada to cover any accidents or injuries.
To avoid an accident all together, you should go over a few rules:
- EVERYONE must wear a life jacket while on board, whether a boat or jet ski.
- If you will be driving the boat, DO NOT consume alcohol beforehand or while driving.
- For your safety and more knowledge, take a boater or jet ski safety class.
- Make sure your watercraft is working properly and maintained.
- If you do not have watercraft insurance, now is a good time to check it out! This unique policy will make sure an accident does not cost you a fortune.
- Even on the water, speed matters. Keep a consistent speed without going too crazy.
By following these safety rules and regulations, you may be able to lower your risk of an accident or injury while enjoying the water this season.
If you are concerned about coverage, look no further. At Safeguard Insurance, we offer unique watercraft insurance that will provide coverage such as medical payments, physical damage and liability insurance. Nevada residents can never be too careful while out on the water; this policy is crucial!
Have fun and stay safe!