Looking for a Nevada document preparation bond? You’ve come to right place. We can issue the $50,000 Nevada document preparer bond in minutes and offer rates as low as $400 per year.
About Nevada Document Preparation Surety Bond Services
The NV document preparation bond is a type of license surety bond. It is required by NRS 240A as part of AB 324 that expanded the definition of a document preparer. A document preparer is defined as a person that provides any of the following services, without limitation:
- Preparing or completing any pleading, application, or other documents for the client,
- Translating an answer to a question posed in such a document,
- Securing any supporting document, such as a birth certificate, required in connection with the legal matter,
- Submitting a completed document on behalf of the client to a court or administrative agency, or
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of all or substantially all of a federal or state tax return or claim for a tax refund
- A paralegal who performs one or more of the actions described unless the paralegal works under the direction and supervision of an attorney authorized to practice law in this State,
- A bankruptcy petition preparer as defined by section 110 of the United States Bankruptcy Code, 11 U.S.C. § 110, or
- Holds himself or herself out as a person who provides such services.
NRS 240.120 requires a person that provides the above services to file a $50,000 surety bond (or cash deposit) with the NV Secretary of State. The surety bond protects the public from violations of Nevada law related to the document preparation services.
Obtain a Nevada Legal Document Preparer Bond
Obtaining an NV document preparer bond is simple. Call us at 702.638.0022, or complete the short bond request at the top of this page. We will contact you immediately to obtain the information needed to issue your document prep service bond.