While you focus on building your home inspection business, let the team at Safeguard Insurance provide you affordable home inspector insurance. Our comprehensive program provides the coverage you need, flexible billing, and superior customer service.
Residential Home Inspection Insurance Requirements
Nearly every State has specific insurance requirements for home inspectors that typically includes errors and omissions coverage and, in some cases, general liability coverage. Even if your state has no legal requirement, purchasing home inspector insurance is a prudent decision to protect you from liability claims.
Home Inspector Errors & Omissions and Other Insurance Coverage
When shopping for home inspector insurance, consider the following coverage:
- Errors and omissions liability, also known as E&O insurance or professional liability, protects you from unintentional mistakes or omissions made in your inspection. This coverage will pay for your defense costs, even if the allegations are frivolous or without merit. Coverage can be provided from $100,000 up to $1M, or higher.
- General liability insurance to protect you from claims of bodily injury and property damage that results from your inspection activities.
- Workers compensation to protect you from employee injuries that occur in the course and scope of employment.
- Commercial auto insurance for vehicles used in business.
Home Inspector Insurance Optional Coverage
Our flexible program offers many coverage enhancements to address your specific operations:
- Premises liability coverage for an office or other commercial location.
- Pool and spa inspection coverage.
- Radon inspections.
- Termite inspections.
- Automatic additional insured to referring entities (i.e. real estate agent/broker)
- Mold and fungus coverage sub-limit ($100,000 available)
- Septic system inspection and testing endorsement.
Get a Home Inspector Insurance Quote
With premium starting at $1,000 per year and flexible billing options, our home inspector insurance program is an affordable choice. To get a quote, call Cindi Nelson at 702.529.0112 or complete the request form at the top of this page.
Safeguard Insurance is located in Las Vegas, NV. We are licensed to quote home inspector insurance in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and California.