The food service and restaurant business are highly competitive. To be successful, you need a solid business plan, a great location, staff and food that sets you apart from the competition. All of the hard work you’ve put into to developing a fantastic restaurant deserves comprehensive and affordable restaurant insurance.
About Insurance for Restaurants & Bars
We can help you understand the exposures you face and develop a comprehensive insurance and risk management plan. For example, restaurants tend to have a high exposure to slip and fall claims and need to adequate medical payments and general liability coverage. Property losses, especially fire and water damage, are common and require comprehensive building and contents coverage. Many restaurants experience employee dishonesty losses and should consider crime insurance. In addition, restaurants can be exposed to liability claims related to food contamination, alcohol service, and food delivery. This is why restaurant owners need an insurance agent that understands their business and can carefully craft a policy to address their unique exposures.
What Kind of Insurance Does a Restaurant Need?
We provide business insurance policies for all types of restaurants and food service businesses, including:
- Fast food
- Pizza parlors
- Fine dining
- Family restaurants
- Seafood and sushi
- Buffet style
- Sandwich shops
Types of Restaurant Insurance Coverage
The benefits of our restaurant insurance package include broad coverage for property and liability:
- Buildings, tenant improvements, and furniture, fixtures, equipment.
- Loss of income coverage, up to 24 months on an actual loss sustained basis.
- General liability coverage for your premises and food products.
- Crime insurance for employee dishonesty and robbery.
- Equipment breakdown including spoilage.
- Commercial umbrella or excess liability.
- Optional liquor liability and hired/non-owned auto coverage.
- Sales tax and business license surety bonds.
- Workers compensation coverage with flexible billing options.
- Employment practices liability, including 3rd party coverage.
- Group health, life, and other voluntary benefits.
Get a Quote for Restaurant Insurance
Contact our product specialist, Cindi Nelson, at 702.529.0112 or complete the short request form on this page.
Safeguard Insurance is located in Las Vegas, NV. We are licensed to quote restaurant insurance in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, California, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, Texas, Florida, and South Dakota.