Car insurance shopping is not an activity most people enjoy. In the past, the process was often tedious and required hours of research. Today, however, shopping for car insurance is a far simpler process that can take just a few minutes. Here are some car insurance shopping tips to make the process go smooth and efficiently:
- Know your coverage. The only way to know if a new auto insurance quote is truly a good deal is to compare like coverage. So, pull out that old policy, dust if off, and review the limits of liability, uninsured motorist, medical payments, and physical damage deductibles. Pay close attention to any enhancements you might have such as accident forgiveness and GAP coverage. Make sure you obtain quotes that are at least equivalent to your current policy.
- Get referrals. Ask your friends and family who they use for car insurance and why. Discuss any claim experiences, customer service opinions, and ease of doing business.
- Research providers. The internet is a great resource for determining how well an insurance company will perform when you need them. Look at financial strength ratings, online reviews, and complaints filed with the Department of Insurance.
- Get competitive quotes. There is no need to go overboard with quotes. Usually calling 3-6 insurance providers will give you a good idea of rates available. Consider calling at least 1 independent agency that will provide quotes from several different auto insurance companies.
- Buy local and save. All things being approximately equal, a local insurance provider is probably a better choice. Being able to meet with someone face-to-face to ask questions or obtain advice is one of the benefits of a local insurance provider.
Lastly – and perhaps most important – if you are shopping for car insurance in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California, New Mexico, Oregon, or Idaho, make sure you contact the professional team at Safeguard Insurance in Las Vegas, NV. We offer instant quotes on our website or over the phone in 10 minutes or less. We represent some of the strongest providers of auto insurance including Travelers, Nationwide, Acuity, Mercury, Progressive, and Safeco.