As a homeowner, you know that it is important to keep up with your house, whether you are updating your Las Vegas homeowners insurance for the season or going green. Honestly, now is a good time to re-think your lifestyle and jump on the green bandwagon. April 22nd is right around the corner! How will you be celebrating Earth Day this year?
Simple Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
For those who do not have any plans, allow us to make some plans for you. Here are 10 ways to celebrate Earth Day:
- Do you have children? Take them outside and plant a few trees or flowers!
- Head to a local park and clean up all the litter you can find.
- Organize a neighborhood clean-up with your friends and family.
- Make an effort to avoid driving on Earth day as much as possible.
- Check your local paper for any Earth Day events and participate!
- Replace the old incandescent or CFL bulbs around your home with LED’s to save energy.
- Start a compost bin by tossing your trash in it for future fertilizer use.
- Support your local farmers market and enjoy the freshest ingredients possible.
- Skip the shower today to conserve water, or make sure you only take one that is 5 minutes or less!
- Plant a row of spring flowers in your yard or even window boxes on your home.
As you can see, it is easy to celebrate Earth Day with just a few simple changes around your home or community. Whatever you do is sure to make a difference!
If you are more concerned about your coverage for the upcoming months, visit our website! Our experts at Safeguard Insurance would be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your Las Vegas homeowners insurance. We will even supply those in need with a free quote!
Until we hear back from you, have a great Earth Day!