Congratulations on your move! Starting a life in a new home is exciting but at the same time, can be stressful without the proper guidance. Between having to unpack and purchase Las Vegas homeowners insurance, your head must be going one hundred miles an hour! It’s not uncommon for some tasks to slip your mind, which is why our agency has put together a quick list of reminders.
- Get to know the neighborhood before the big day. If you need to run out to the market quickly, the last thing you need is to get lost.
- Contact the post office and let them know of your new address (in order to forward the mail!) You may want to call and update your friends and family, as well.
- Call the local utilities to hook up all essential services such as water, electricity, and internet.
- Replace the locks on your home with brand new ones. You wouldn’t want spare keys floating around to the old locks, would you?
- Fill out a home inventory list. This may be easier to tackle as you unpack rather than going back later and doing it.
- Introduce yourself to the neighbors!
We hope that these tips come in handy once the big day arrives! Importantly, do not let the stress of moving become overwhelming. Turn the move into simple small steps that can be completed in 1 day. Before you know it, you will be moved in and settled in no time.
Homeowners Insurance for your New Home
Lastly, buying a new home is a great time to review your current homeowners insurance. The professionals at Safeguard Insurance have been providing comprehensive and affordable home insurance for over 20 years. We work with dozens of A-rated home insurance providers and can find you the right coverage at the right price. If you are looking for homeowners insurance for your new home, obtain an instant homeowners insurance quote online or contact one of our professional agents today.