These days, the cost of living is out of this world. Between monthly bills and the cost of groceries, it may seem impossible to save. However, as your local insurance professionals, we believe it is important to be aware of ways to save on your Las Vegas homeowners insurance premium.
Here are seven tips that may help lower your homeowners insurance premium:
- Choose a higher deductible. Higher deductibles have been shown to reduce premiums by as much as 30-50%!
- Increase your protection. The better your home’s protection features are, the lower your risk and premium. Make sure you tell your agent about all smoke detectors, alarms, deadbolts, fire extinguishers, fences and more.
- Bundle your policies. You need auto, life, and home, so why not choose the same company for all three? This is a guaranteed way to save on your premium!
- Ask about discounts. Besides bundling discounts, some agencies will give a discount to those who are loyal customers, those with few claims and those with a good payment history.
- Improve your credit score. Many agencies will consider your credit score and history when determining your premium. Make sure you pay your bills on time!
- Quit smoking! Those who are lighting up in their home may have a higher premium than non-smokers. Smoking is seen as a risk, especially since house fires are often caused by cigarettes.
- Protect yourself against disasters. Is your area prone to natural disasters? Whether flooding, earthquakes or hurricanes, it is important that your home is prepared for these events. Reinforcing your roof or installing storm shutters will help during an unexpected disaster and may even lower your premium.
Las Vegas Homeowners Insurance Quote
If you have not given these tips a shot in the past, now is the time to do so. You’ll never know how much you may be able to save if you do not give it a try!
One of the best to lower your homeowners insurance premium is to shop around. If you are interested in an entirely new home insurance quotes contact the professional agents at Safeguard Insurance today! We would be more than happy to provide you with a free Las Vegas homeowners insurance quote.