Buying your first home, condo, or townhome can be an exciting moment. However, dealing with the paperwork to buy the home, obtain a loan, and secure home insurance can also be stressful. Here are a few new home buyer tips to help the process go smoothly.
- Work with an experienced realtor. An experienced realtor will guide you thru the entire process of finding the right home. Realtors understand the local property market and if a home is priced fairly for the area. There is probably no other person that can make the home buying experience more positive than a good realtor.
- Get pre-qualified. Knowing how much house you can afford simplifies the search for the right property. Work with a good mortgage company to review what mortgage options and special programs might be available to you.
- Plan your move. Moving your belongings is never fun but having a plan can help the process go smoothly. Use a moving checklist to help you plan out each step in the process. Use the time before your home closing date to de-clutter your stuff and get rid of things you no longer need.
- Get a home inspection. Buying a home is a huge decision and likely the largest investment you will ever make. A home inspection can alert you to problems so you can take corrective action before closing escrow.
- Secure home insurance. Before you close escrow, you will need to secure the right home or condo insurance. Work with a local provider, such as Safeguard Insurance, that can provide quotes with multiple insurance companies. Make sure you understand all the options and discounts available to you. Consider bundling your auto and home insurance together for the best pricing.
With a little due-diligence and by working with the right people, buying your first home can be a pleasant and enjoyable experience! Contact Safeguard Insurance today for no-obligation quotes on all your insurance needs.