Flood Insurance

Flood insurance is surprisingly affordable. Contact us for additional information.

Request Additional Information

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Flood insurance provides protection for destruction and financial devastation caused by floods. Although it may not seem like much, even a few inches of water can cause serious damage resulting in thousands of dollars in repair and restoration costs.  Purchasing a flood insurance policy through can protect you.

How Do I Know if I Need Flood Insurance

Although it may not seem as necessary as homeowners insurance, flood insurance is important if you want to keep your home safe and your possessions secure. Flood coverage offers protection against losses that result from heavy and lengthy rain falls, storm surges, blocked storm drainage systems, snow melts, etc. Remember that homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage.  Flood insurance is almost always provided by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which is administered by FEMA.  Many private insurance companies underwrite and handle claims for the NFIP by participating in the “Write Your Own (WYO)” program.   This allows your policy to serviced by a nationally known insurance provider, such as Nationwide or First American.  The NFIP was established by the Federal Government to help communities who “voluntarily participate in the NFIP by adopting and enforcing floodplain management ordinances to reduce future flood damage.” To be considered a flood, the waters must cover at least two acres or affect at least two properties.

How Much Flood Insurance Do I Need?

Different types of policies are available based on your property’s location and flood history:

  • Standard Flood Insurance Policies
  • Preferred Risk Flood Insurance Policies

Standard Risk Flood Policy Eligibility

If you live in a community that participates in the NFIP, your building and contents can be covered by a standard flood insurance policy. You must apply for building coverage and contents coverage separately if you choose to purchase a standard flood insurance policy.

Preferred Risk Flood Policy Requirements

If your home or business is in a low or moderate risk zone you may qualify for a low-cost preferred risk policy. While you aren’t required to purchase flood insurance in low-to-moderate risk areas, a preferred risk policy will protect your home and its contents if you are affected by a small flood or a larger flood that has extended into your low-risk area. Preferred risk policies include dwelling and contents coverage with prices starting around $250 per year.

Get a Quote for Flood Insurance

Don’t wait until it’s too late. Contact Safeguard Insurance to get flood protection with an affordable and comprehensive insurance policy.  Call us at 702.638.0022 or complete the short quote request form on this page.

Safeguard Insurance is located in Las Vegas, NV. We are licensed to quote flood insurance in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and California.