Rental Property Insurance

Rental properties require specialized landlord insurance coverage. We can help.

Request an Insurance Quote

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

If you are a landlord, you need an agent that understands how to provide you with appropriate rental property insurance. The professionals at Safeguard Insurance have been working with landlords for nearly 20 years. We can find the right rental home insurance at the right price.

About Rental Property Insurance

Rental homes need a very particular type of insurance, known as a “dwelling fire” policy.   Some insurance companies also refer to this as a landlord policy or protector. Traditional homeowner’s insurance requires that the home is owner-occupied, obviously an issue for a rental property. Dwelling fire policies have no such requirement and allow the home to be occupied by tenants. Dwelling fire insurance is specifically designed to protect landlords from losing rental income lost as a result of a fire. In most cases, this coverage will provide you with a year’s worth of rental income, allowing you the time and resources to rebuild and rent.

Rental Property Insurance Coverage

Rental property insurance generally includes the following coverage:

  • Dwelling or building coverage based on the actual replacement cost of the home.
  • Loss of rent coverage to protect your rental income in the event of a claim.
  • Personal property to cover any furnishings or appliances you provide the tenant.
  • Premise liability for claims of bodily injury or property damage.
  • Medical payments for minor injuries that occur on the property, regardless of fault.

Dwelling Fire Policy Coverage

We understand how to properly structure a dwelling fire policy to protect your interest in the structure, its contents, and the premises liability exposure. We can issue policies to individual investors or to investment corporations including series LLC’s. Out of state landlord’s are not an issue and we are happy to work with your local property manager.

We represent several A+ rated insurance carriers that offer Dwelling Fire policies:  SafecoTravelers, First American, American Modern, Nationwide, and Stillwater. Because we work with multiple insurance companies, our agents can find the best combination of price and coverage to fit your individual needs.

Get a Rental Property Insurance Quote

Call us at 702.638.0022 or complete the form on this page for a no-obligation proposal on your rental property insurance

Safeguard Insurance is located in Las Vegas, NV. We are licensed to quote rental property insurance and landlord insurance in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, California, New Mexico, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and Texas.