Vacant Property Insurance

Vacant property requires specialized insurance coverage. Contact us for a quote!

Request an Insurance Quote

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

There are many reasons that homes become vacant. Perhaps you moved out but haven’t yet sold the property or maybe it’s unoccupied due to renovations. Whatever the cause, Safeguard Insurance has beneficial coverage options. Whether your property will be vacant for a few months or a few years, you need vacant property insurance from Safeguard Insurance. Since 1998, we have offered affordable vacant property insurance to hundreds of property owners.

About Vacant Property Insurance

It is important to understand that many standard homeowners, dwelling fire, and commercial property insurance do not cover losses caused by vandalism and water damage after a building has been vacant for over 30 days. To avoid a potential coverage gap, you should always purchase vacant property insurance anytime your building will be unoccupied more than 30 days.

Preferred Providers of Unoccupied Homeowners Insurance

As an independent agent, we work with several providers of vacant property insurance:

  • Berkshire Hathaway
  • USLI
  • American Modern
  • Lloyds of London

Short to Long Term Vacant Home Insurance

We can offer short-term policies for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months, depending on the expected term of the vacancy. In addition, the policy can be provided to the lienholder or mortgagee. The policy includes property coverage and premises liability and can be on a basic form cause-of-loss for a lower price, or an expanded special form that offers very broad coverage, including vandalism, at a slightly higher price.

Builders Risk Insurance Coverage for Vacant Homes

In addition, we can provide builders risk coverage for property undergoing renovation. The builders risk policy can provide coverage for the existing structure or just the value of the renovations, depending on the total size of the project.

Get a Quote for Vacant Property Insurance

Call us at (702) 638-0022 or complete the form on this page to find out how we can provide you the right vacant property insurance at the right price.

Safeguard Insurance is located in Las Vegas, NV. We are licensed to quote vacant building insurance in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, New Mexico, California, Washington, and Oregon.