Did you know that in 2012, over 100 million Americans used the summer to travel? If you are planning to take a summer road trip, you are not alone! However, not all road trips are created equal. They require thought – research and planning.
Where are the best places to go? Depending on the purpose of your trip, who is going and what you’d like to do during your vacation; you will want to visit different places. No summer vacation is the same. It’s all about what you make it, isn’t it? If you’re sitting down with the family planning your next summer road trip, add these destinations to your list of places to consider!
1. Cape Cod, Massachusetts – Between the sun, sail and beautiful beaches, it makes this travel destination a hit among tourists. And better yet, it’s under two hours from Boston!
2. Key West, Florida – With average daytime highs in the 80s, this is a perfect destination for those of you looking for some sun and beach this summer!
3. The Jersey Shore – It isn’t just casinos! The Jersey Shore offers a classic boardwalk experience in Ocean City, along with history and great beaches.
4. Monterey, California – Right here in our home state of California, you can visit Monterey. The hiking trails are known to leave people breathless – from the scenery of course!
5. The Oregon Coast – If you are looking for a cooler climate this summer, this is the perfect place! With average temperatures in the 60’s and breathtaking scenery, you are sure to fall in love!
Are there places you frequent on summer vacation? We’d love to hear about them!