We all make important decisions in our lives such as getting married, starting a family, and buying a home. Another important decision is preparing for the future with life insurance. Life insurance provides valuable financial protection for your loved ones if anything unexpected were to ever happen.
Purchasing life insurance is simpler than ever and rates, especially term life insurance rates, have never been lower. We want to make sure you’re getting the information you need about life insurance. There are two common types of life insurance – term and permanent. Here are some of the basic differences between the two:
Term Life Insurance
- Coverage for a “term” or period of your life (i.e. 5, 10, 15, or 20 years)
- Lower premiums for higher coverage
- Rates may change after the term expires
- Policies are usually guaranteed renewable
- No equity or cash value accumulation
- Simple to understand and extremely cost-effective protection
Permanent Life Insurance
- Permanent insurance rather than for a specific time
- Can build equity and have cash value
- The policyholder can borrow against the cash value account
- Higher premiums than term life insurance
- Many types of products such as universal life and whole life
- More complicated life insurance products, but may be more valuable
Life Insurance Quote
If you’re looking for information about life insurance, then you’ve come to the right place. The professionals at Safeguard Insurance can help you understand what type of life insurance is right for you and your family. We work with dozens of life insurance companies and can provide you with impartial advise and the best possible pricing.
Looking for a fast life insurance quote? Check our term life insurance page to get a no-obligation quote in less than 30 seconds. The quote is free and there is no pressure to buy a policy.