Selling your home in a down economy? The market has never been so low! While selling may seem like an impossible task during this time, there are always ways to move this process along. All it takes is a little staging, pricing and negotiating. Just remember to hang on tight to your Las Vegas homeowners insurance!
Here are a few tips for selling your home in a down economy:
- Make it spotless. Is your home clean from top to bottom? A clean and less cluttered home is going to interest potential buyers. You do not want to put off your visitors!
- De-personalize it. Take down all the family photos and frames. You want potential buyers to picture themselves living in your home. Your family photos will take away from this experience.
- Stage it. If you have it in the budget, hire a professional to stage the house. This may make all the difference.
- Give it curb appeal. Your front yard is the first thing potential buyers will see! This is where you can grab their attention and lure them in. Make sure your grass is green, cut and landscaping is perfect.
- Fix it. Broken window? Door off the hinge? These small damages must be fixed.
- Price it right. Is your home competitively priced? This is important, especially if others in the neighborhood are selling as well.
- Be open to negotiations. If you are not open to lowering your asking price in this economy, you may not sell as quickly as possible. It is best to be open.
No matter how long it takes for you to sell your home or even if you move out, hang onto that Las Vegas homeowners insurance policy. You never know what will happen when you are not around. The last thing you need is damages and issues stalling the process.
We hope these tips for selling your home help you get ready to make the big move. So what are you waiting for? Ready, set, sell!