Thinking about having guests over for a dinner party? There’s nothing quite like inviting friends and acquaintances over for dinner and drinks to your home, which is why you need to take the extra steps to make sure they have a memorable time. If you’re looking for ways to make your dinner parties a more pleasant experience, our insurance agency can show you how. Here are some simple tips for throwing the best cocktail party.
A dinner or cocktail party can include a variety of different things, so it’s important to figure out what exactly you want to include and how to implement in a manner that will leave your guests impressed.
- Have a signature cocktail: A surefire way to get guests to immediately enjoy your party upon arrival is to offer them a cocktail they not usually have. Obviously, wine and regular spirits are a staple, but if you have something unique and tasty it will get things off to a good start.
- Hors-d’oeuvres/snacks: No dinner party is complete without some appetizers beforehand. Whether you have simple snacks cheese and crackers or more specialized ones like scallops wrapped in bacon, your guests will want something to munch on while mingling.
- Don’t go overboard: When selecting what you’re going to serve for the main course, don’t try to overthink or overdo anything. It’s usually best to stick with food and recipes that people are used to, but more importantly what you’re used to. Cook something you’ve made before so your dish is guaranteed to come out great.
- Allergies: it’s a good idea to check with your guests for any known food allergies before preparing your menu.
Risk Avoidance Tips
With every party comes a risk of injury and subsequent claims. Guest at your party could slip and fall and serving alcoholic beverages creates a host of liquor liability issues. Consider these risk avoidance tips:
- Check your home carefully for any obvious trip and slip hazards like loose rugs and slick flooring. Have a plan to clean up any spills immediately and have a mop and/or towels at the ready.
- If serving liquor, make sure every guest has a designated driver and be prepared to monitor guests as they leave for obvious signs of intoxication.
- Lastly, consider purchasing a special event insurance policy that includes host liquor liability.
A safe party is always the best party! We hope these tips for throwing the best cocktail party are helpful. Party safe and have fun!