The construction industry is full of opportunities and risk. Managing the risk is critical to running a successful and profitable construction firm. An effective safety program is the first step in managing risk. A comprehensive insurance plan is the next step and is just as important. There are many types of construction insurance available to protect your business. Here are a few of the types of insurance we recommend for construction firms:
- General liability is the foundation of any construction insurance program and provides coverage for ongoing and completed operations.
- Commercial umbrella provides excess liability coverage over your auto, employers liability, and general liability. Limits of $1M to $50M or higher are available.
- Equipment floater or inland marine coverage. Small portable tools and large pieces of earth moving equipment can all be covered here. Installation floater coverage is also part of inland marine coverage.
- Contractors professional liability is critical for firms with design/build operations, or those seeking coverage for design and construction errors.
- Contractors pollution liability to protect against a wide range of pollutant-related claims including associated clean-up costs.
- Commercial auto insurance for trucks, vans, and other vehicles used in your construction business.
- Workers compensation to provide for employee injuries that occur in the course and scope of employment.
- Surety bonds for your license and contracts.
At Safeguard Insurance, we have worked with construction firms of all types and sizes. We have access to dozens of specialty construction insurance providers to find you the right types of construction insurance at the right price. We work with all types of construction trades including:
- Masonry contractors
- Electrical contractors
- Plumbing contractors
- Carpentry contractors
- HVAC contractors
- Landscape contractors
- Painting contractors
Contact the construction insurance team at Safeguard today for a no-obligation review of your current insurance program. Let us show you how our nearly 20 years of experience can benefit your bottom line.
Safeguard Insurance is licensed to quote all types of construction insurance in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California, New Mexico, Oregon, Idaho, South Dakota, and Texas.