Convenience stores are a growth industry. In 2014 the number of c-stores increased to nearly 153,000 across the US, about 1% more than 2013. Even better, convenience stores continue to be a “mom and pop” small business with 63% owned by single-store operators. To run a successful c-store or gas station, you need to understand convenience store insurance. To protect your business, you need to understand what coverage is available and what is needed for your specific operations.
At Safeguard Insurance, we have worked with hundreds of c-store and gas station owners in Nevada, California, Utah and Arizona. We have the experience and insurance markets to provide your convenience store with the right coverage at the right price.
Understand Convenience Store Insurance
There are many types of coverage available to protect your convenience store. In many cases, we can provide a simple business package policy that includes property and liability coverage, along with many coverage enhancements:
- Contents, buildings, and other structures,
- Crime coverage including robbery of cash and burglary,
- Employee dishonesty coverage for embezzlement of inventory or cash,
- Employment practices liability for claims made by employees,
- Workers compensation to protect you from employee injury claims,
- Pollution coverage for underground storage tanks,
- Commercial auto for any vehicles owned by the company,
- Hired and non-owned auto for incidental employees use of personal vehicles,
- Garage keepers liability for auto repair or car wash operations,
- Loss of business income, up to 24 months of coverage,
- Liquor liability for claims related to the sale of alcholic beverages,
- Commercial umbrella to provide excess liability coverage.
No only do we understand convenience store insurance, we also know how important policy service is to your operation. At Safeguard Insurance, we have an experienced staff that are well-trained and dedicated to providing you with superior customer service. Ask your current insurance provider if they match this level of customer service:
- 24/7 access to your policy on our Client Portal system. See your policies, view coverage, request changes, create and print certificates of insurance from any internet connected device.
- 24/7 claim and emergency policyholder service. If you call our office with an emergency, someone will answer the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Live website chat from 7AM to 9PM. Whether you need policy assistance, have billing questions, or need to file a claim, a chat operator will be available to help you.
So, if you own a gas station, convenience store or car wash in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, California, New Mexico, or Texas, contact Safeguard Insurance for a no-obligation quote or policy review. We are clearly the best choice for your convenience store insurance needs.